Study MBBS in Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk (Russia) :
History of Novosibirsk State University :
- In year 1958, an idea proposed by fellow members of Academy of Sciences of USSR (Mikhail Lavrentyev, Sergei Sabolev & Sergei Khristianovich) was implemented to establish a Siberian Division of the Academy of Sciences of USSR in the industrial city of Novosibirsk. And just within half an year of the implementation of this division a new academic city i.e. “Akademgorodok” started growing rapidly and a new university was established with the name Novosibirsk State University to especially train young talent for research in the newly established science city of Russia.
- In year 1959, the USSR Higher Education Ministry issued decree to start admittance of students in Novosibirsk State University with an entrance examination for students from all over the USSR. Initially, the university just had 1 department i.e. Department of Natural Sciences which combined Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics & Geology. The 1st lecture was held in the building of a nearby secondary school & the 1st group of students enrolled lived in tents in the middle of forests.
- In year 1959, the official opening ceremony was held on 26th September in the Opera & Ballet Theatre of Novosibirsk city.
- In year 1963, the 1st batch of students graduated from the Novosibirsk State University which included physicists, mathematicians and researchers in mechanics.
History of Novosibirsk :
The city of Novosibirsk was founded in year 1893 during the construction of “Trans-Siberian Railway” bridge over “River Ob”and was named as “Novonikolayevsk” which had a mere population of approx. 7,800 people. By year 1993, the city had all basic type institutions & government bodies established & became the one of the 1st cities in Russia to introduce compulsory primary education. The Red Army had taken control of the city in year 1919 and retained it through the period of Civil War of USSR. Re-establishment of the city started when Lenin came to power in year 1921, and was renamed to “Novosibirsk” in year 1926. The “Monument of the Heroes of Revolution” was erected in the center of city and at that time all students had to visit this place to pay tribute to the heroes of nation. In coming years immense industrialization took place in the city and became the largest hub in whole of Siberia and was also given the name “Chicago of Siberia“. In year 1950, the government of Soviet Union declared ordered for establishment of a multi-facility scientific & research hub in the city which is today known as “Akademgorodok” (Academic City). Since then modernization has been making the city better & better each year.
About Novosibirsk State University :
Novosibirsk State University (aka. NSU) is a very young university in comparison to other top universities of Russia. The university is located in the city of Novosibirsk, which is the industrial, regional & cultural hub of whole region of Siberia. The university has 13 faculties, 2,000 university teachers, 800 associate professors, 570 professors with doctorate degrees & 60 members of Russian Academy of Sciences too. NSU is truly a global university with over 800 international students from more than 35 countries, 42 foreign country teachers from 12 different countries, 15 departments teaching in complete English medium & 28 streams to choose from scientific internships for foreign students. The university carries 29 joint international programs & has partnership with 132 universities from 29 different countries.
Novosibirsk State University‘s main areas of research are Medicine, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology & Information Technology. NSU is located in the center of city in the world famous research center i.e. “Akademgorodok” (Academic City). The university encourages students from a very early stage to take active part in research. The research work is carried out in 70 laboratories with latest & modern technologies along with 48 research institutes of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences. 80% of the teachers in NSU are scientists from the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences and hence, the education standard is comparable with the top universities of world. The university takes pride to share that alumni from Novosibirsk State University are today serving at high designations in the universities of Chicago, Berkley, Harvard, Cornell & Stanford. Many alumni are placed at top positions in world popular firms like Microsoft, Schlumberger, Ernst & Young, P&G, Baker Hughes, Gazprom, Shell, Unilever, Intel, HP, Parallels, etc.
Novosibirsk State University is one of the 21 universities that have been selected for participation in the top 100 universities of world. The participation of NSU provides students with various benefits as mentioned below :
- Studying as per international standards
- Obtaining grants for participation in international conferences.
- Learning from internationally renowned professors and lecturers.
- Working in research projects headed by specialists.
- Receiving scholarships.
Faculties at Novosibirsk State University :
Novosibirsk State University teaches programs at undergraduate, post graduate & doctoral levels in both Russian & English medium. The university also has many students who just arrive to complete their exchange program duration from partner universities.In addition to academic accomplishment of students, the university also considers their special talents, personal qualities & ability to take advantage of available opportunities and resources for their as well as university’s benefit. The main faculties currently operational in Novosibirsk State University are as mentioned below :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Psychology
- Faculty of Philosophy
- Faculty of Geology & Geophysics
- Faculty of Foreign Languages
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Information Technology
- Faculty of Journalism
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Mechanics & Mathematics
- Faculty of Physics
The programs of MBBS in Novosibirsk is taught with a combined approach to develop each student’s medical training skills, to provide elaborate knowledge of humanities, natural sciences, social & economic disciplines and with their equal participation in the research work of university. The motive behind such combined approach is to make them ready for research in future in biomedical sciences with extra knowledge of natural sciences which is always helpful. Students after completion of 6 years course of MBBS in Novosibirsk State University find themselves prepared to choose any specialty for further masters courses or to practice medicine in any part of the world. The programs of MBBS in Novosibirsk provides students with that extra edge over students from other universities of Russia mainly due to the research experience they get from Novosibirsk State University.
Students Life at Novosibirsk State University :
The course of MBBS in Novosibirsk has recently started gaining popularity among student from Asia recently and hence the university witnessed increased number of students from India for MBBS admission in Novosibirsk State University in past years. The university has several hostels where rooms are allotted to students coming from different countries. The international students are provided with the option to choose from 2 or 3 seater rooms. All rooms are equipped with above average facilities like radiators for heating, wardrobe, study table & chair, bedding & bed, stationary, etc. The hostels are secured with CCTV surveillance systems and are always guarded by security officials. All hostels have well maintained reading rooms, kitchens, washrooms, toilets & a cafe for students to take a break.
There are total 9 old hostels & 2 new hostels with all at walking distance from each other. The main thing which increases the importance of all these hostels is that they are all located in the center of the center i.e. the “Akademgorodok” (Academic City). International students are provided accommodation in the new hostels. Students coming from India for medical in Novosibirsk enjoy outdoor sports too provided by the university like swimming, boxing, skiing, athletics, etc. The university also has a recreation center of it’s own on the bank of “River Ob” in forests for students to spend time during their vacations.
The whole area of “Akademgorodok” was especially created to make an environment just for education, training & research work and is hence located in peaceful location little down the city. It is located about 30 kms. south from the center of city & 10 kms. west from the Science city i.e. Koltsovo. The area is surrounded by pine & birch trees with lots of greenery & near the bank of “River Ob”. Within the area of “Akademgorodok“, there are 38 research institutes, medical academy & all hostel buildings combined with hotels, stores, hospitals, theatre, restaurants, clubs, libraries, etc. Overall, the environment is perfect for study of students with nothing left for which they have to go outside this area.
Novosibirsk State University Gallery :
Novosibirsk State University Fees 2018 :
- 1st Year Fee : USD 8,300 (INR 5,39,500)
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee : USD 6,300 (INR 4,09,500)
- Total Fees : USD 39,800 (INR 25,87,000)
* Yearly fee includes tuition fee, hostel fee & medical insurance fee.
* 1 USD equals to INR 65 used at the time of fees calculation & is subject to variation as per currency rates.
* Fees can be revised by university anytime with or without prior notification.