Study MBBS in Bashkir State Medical University, Ufa (Russia) :
History of Bashkir State University :
- In year 1932, the Bashkir State Medical University was founded & the 1st faculty to be opened was Faculty of General Medicine.
- In year 1961, the Faculty of Paediatrics was opened and made operational.
- In year 1970, the Faculty of Preventive Medicine was opened which was later later renamed to Faculty of Preventive Medicine and Microbiology.
- In year 1976, the Faculty of Dentistry was opened & subsequently in year 1981, the Faculty of Pharmacy was started.
- In year 2010, Ufa Medical College became a part of Bashkir State Medical University.
History of Ufa :
In the 15th century, after the downfall of Golden Horde, the state of Bashkortostan was divided in to 3 parts and all tribes waged war against each other until Moscow influenced the situation and made the state to be a part of USSR. The city of Ufa was founded in year 1574 as a fortress for protecting nearby region and soon became the administrative center and chief pillar in the Russian politics in Eastern Russia as the city had huge potential for economy in Ural region. The Republic of Bashkortostan state soon became an industrial hub with approx. 30% of total population of state living in Ufa & suburbs. After the Peasant Revolt of 17th century, the fortress status of Ufa was called off and in year 1802 the city was the main town of Bashkortostan. Finally in year 1865, by the order of the Tsar, Ufa was given the status of city and the chief region for the region of Bashkortostan.
About Bashkir State University :
Bashkir State Medical University has over 8000 medical students, including more than 850 foreign students from 40 countries, about 1000 clinical residences and PhD programs and 7000 postgraduate professional trainings in our University. BSMU also includes the medical college, which offers vocational secondary education in specialties of Nursing and Prosthetic Dentistry.
University has the United Center of Simulation-Based Training, equipped with state-of-art simulators, where students, clinical residents and physicians of Bashkir State Medical University can enhance their practical skills in neonatology, anesthesiology, resuscitation, obstetrics and gynecology, endoscopy, neurosurgery. Since 2016 there is the Center in BSMU for primary accreditation of doctors and pharmacists.
Bashkir State Medical University is a large scientific center, where basic and applied research is carried out. Scientific infrastructure of BSMU includes Central Scientific Research Laboratory, Cell Culture Laboratory, Laboratory of Experimental Surgery, Vivarium, Scientific Research Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine, Scientific Research Institute of Oncology. BSMU Scientific library stores about 527 000 items and it is one of the best medical libraries in Russia. Bashkir State Medical University cooperates with RUSNANO’s PET Center in Ufa, training specialists in the field of nuclear medicine.
Bashkir State Medical University is also known for training of over 700 volunteers for Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2014 in Sochi.
Faculties at Bashkir State Medical University :
Bashkir State Medical University has department of undergraduate & post graduate education & department of international students. Maximum number of international students are witnessed for MBBS in Bashkir each year, especially from India. The university has the below mentioned faculties :
- Faculty of General Medicine (Faculty of General Medicine exists since 1932, when Bashkir State Medical Institute was created. It is the largest unit of the BSMU. Since the establishment of the Faculty about 16000 physicians have graduated from it. Faculty comprises 25 departments. Students can choose from about 50 specialties, such as Internal Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Oncology, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Cardiology, Traumatology, Psychiatry, Urology etc. )
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Paediatrics
- Faculty of Preventive Medicine
- Faculty of Preparatory Course
The university offers international students with course in English medium too, especially for students willing to do MBBS in Bashkir State Medical University. The number of students who showed interest to take MBBS admission in Ufa has shown a steep rise in last 5 years mainly due to the low cost of course as compared to other colleges offering MBBS in Russia. The duration of MBBS in Ufa is 6 years with equal coverage of theoretical & practical subjects with regular hospital visits during the last 3 years of course at Bashkir State Medical University.
Students Life at Bashkir State Medical University :
The Bashkir State Medical University has separate hostels constructed especially for international students. The students can choose to opt between 2 & 3 seater rooms as per their ease. Additionally, university also allows students to rent apartment by themselves and stay somewhere in city if they wish too. The government hostels provided by university to students who come for MBBS in Ufa, have free electricity, cooking gas, hot & cold water, round the clock security and a fixed time for entry & exit from hostel. Hostels are situated close to the university building and students choose trolley bus as the most convenient & economic mode of transport for reaching the university main building.
Bashkir State Medical University organizes different types of games both indoor and outdoor for students during summer vacations. Outdoor sports include football, basketball, volleyball, boxing, etc. Students from India play cricket matches in grounds of city. The university has a “Student Club” which manages the students participation and has dedicated officials to administer this club. The students often visit the river side during their vacations to enjoy some time and can also visit forests in the outskirts of the Ufa city. The university also has its own Sanatorium-Preventorium for those who want to get their health checked, sports & fitness camp & the Student Club also provides vouchers to students who wish to go on a recreation trip to other cities free of cost.
Students from India who come for MBBS in Bashkir are mostly allotted the new hostels which have better facilities as compared to hostels that are allotted to local students of Russia. During their whole duration of stay at Bashkir State Medical University, the students get 2 months each year i.e. July – August to visit their home country & return to university to continue their MBBS in Ufa from September further. In addition to summer vacations, the university also gives 15 days winter leave during the month of January each year. The university is always open to talented & bright students who want to serve the world by choosing to do MBBS in Ufa, Russia.
Bashkir State Medical University Gallery :
Bashkir State Medical University Fees 2018 :
- 1st Year Fee : USD 6,000 (INR 3,90,000)
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee : USD 4,300 (INR 2,79,500)
- Total Fees : USD 27,500 (INR 17,87,500)
* Yearly fee includes tuition fee, hostel fee & medical insurance fee.
* 1 USD equals to INR 65 used at the time of fees calculation & is subject to variation as per currency rates.
* Fees can be revised by university anytime with or without prior notification.