Study MBBS in Altai State Medical University, Barnaul (Russia) :
History of Altai State Medical University :
- Created in 1954 by Decree of the Government of the USSR, Altai Medical Institute has become a solid Foundation of training highly qualified specialists with higher medical education in the West Siberian region.
- In 1994, Altai State Medical Institute was renamed in the Altai State University miedzinski (order of the state Committee of Russia from 15.06.1994 №586, order minzdravmedproma Russia from 23.06.1994, No. 127).
- The University was founded by the Russian Federation. Powers of the founder of the Ministry of health of the Russian Federation.
- Altai State Medical University is administered by the Ministry of health of the Russian Federation in accordance with decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of 10.09.2008 №1300-p.
- Today, Altai State Medical University is one of the leading higher medical schools in Western Siberia. Almost all medical specialties are open faculties of medical, pediatric, stomatological, pharmaceutical, preventive health, higher nursing education. The University conducts extensive postgraduate training and retraining of medical personnel.
History of Barnaul :
While 1730 is considered Barnaul’s official establishment date, its first mention dates back to 1724. It was granted city status in 1771. Chosen for its proximity to the mineral-rich Altai Mountains and its location on a major river, it was founded by the wealthy Demidov family. The Demidovs wanted to develop the copper in the mountains, and soon found substantial deposits of silver as well. In 1747, the Demidovs’ factories were taken over by the Crown. Barnaul became the center of silver production of the entire Russian Empire. In 1914, Barnaul was the site of the largest draft riot in Russia during World War I. There were more than 100 casualties from the fighting. Street fighting also took place between White Russians and Reds during the Russian Revolution of 1918.
Barnaul is located in the forest steppe zone of the West Siberan Plain, on the left bank of the Ob River, at the confluence of the Barnaulka and Ob Rivers. Barnaul is the closest major city to the Altai Mountains to the south. The border with Kazakhstan is 345 kilometers (214 mi) to the southwest. The city is also situated relatively close to the borders with Mongolia and China.
About Altai State Medical University :
Altai State Medical University (AGMU) is one of the leading medical universities of Russia in West Siberian part, conducting high quality medical training. Altai State Medical University is located the south east of Russia in Barnaul city, the capital of Altai Krai. For sixty years the Altai State Medical University has been a supply of qualified specialists engine for regional healthcare system. 25 thousand doctors and pharmaceutics have graduated from the university, which work in the Altai region, in the Republics of Altai and Tuva, in countries near and far abroad. 90% of doctors and pharmaceutics in the Altai region are the AGMU alumni.
Altai State Medical University is a unique holistic body that brings together doctors both on the basis of professional communication, and on the basis of common interests and hobbies. Our university absorbed the experience and achievements of the pupils of different generations. Society graduates of all generations Altai Medical University – unbreakable brotherhood.
Altai State Medical University began accepting foreign students in 1991. In February 1994, the faculty of foreign students has been organized. The faculty carries out preparation of foreign students in the specialties: “General Medicine”, “Pharmacy”, “Paediatrics”, “Dentistry”. For 10 years on the faculty received a specialty foreign nationals from Syria, Morocco, India, Pakistan, Lebanon, Sudan, Cameroon.
In 2001, the Department reorganized into the department to work with foreigners. Today, the university has about 1000 foreign nationals from foreign countries: Syria, Israel, India, Palestine, Jordan, China, Mongolia, Morocco, Afghanistan, as well as citizens neighboring countries: Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Belarus, Armenia, Uzbekistan.
Faculties at Altai State Medical University :
- General medicine faculty of Altai State Medical University was founded in 1954 and since then it has grown to become one of the largest medical faculties in the Russian Federation. In 2014, the medicine faculty of Altai state medical university, celebrated its 60th anniversary. Currently, about 90% of physicians in the Altai region are graduates ASMU, in particular – the medical faculty. Graduates of the faculty carry out professional activity in the health care institutions of various forms of ownership, health authorities, professional and educational institutions, research institutions, institutions of social protection, etc. Our graduates successfully work in many regions of Russia and abroad in more than 15 countries around the world. – Germany, Israel, USA, Canada, Syria, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Africa and CIS. The faculty graduates work in various health care institutions, in health care management, medical educational institutions, research institutions and social services.
Graduates of the faculty get a General Practitioner qualification, which is sufficient for treating adolescents (age 15–18) and adults (over 18). Residency training allows the graduates to get the qualification of a narrow specialist: a surgeon, an obstetrician-gynecologist, neurologist, psychiatrist, and others.
- Pediatrics : Founded in 1966, the faculty trains highly qualified personnel to work with children. There are approximately 1000 students who get extensive training not only in clinical departments which specialize in children health care but they also trained to diagnose, treat and prevent some adult diseases. Such a program allows to train highly qualified specialists with multi-fold career opportunities.
- Dentistry : The faculty was founded in 1990 and now there are approximately 800 students there. The training is focused on practicing the necessary professional skills in dental care. There are special phantom classes and modern Altai Medical University dental clinic. The graduates get a qualification of a Dental Practitioner. Residency training allows the graduates to get the qualification of a narrow specialist: a surgeon dentist, a dental orthopedist, a periodontist, an orthodontist and a pediatric dentist.
- Pharmacy : Founded in 1975, the faculty trains specialists for medicine manufacturing and sales. The faculty graduates have become co-owners and managers of pharmaceutical enterprises, research workers and professors of medical universities.
There are about 700 students at the faculty. The graduates of the faculty are in great demand due to the growth of medicine production and the enlargement of pharmaceutical sales network.
Students Life at Altai State Medical University :
Altai State Medical University has three hostels, which are located in the center of the city. The dorms are close to the main public transport routs, which makes the most important destinations accessible. There are playing and sports grounds, reading halls which help use our students’ time most efficiently and in an enjoyable way.
The library’s fund has over 3,30,000 copies of literature including abstracts of medical dissertations, journals, more than 200 titles of periodic editions nowadays. The library represents the largest storehouse of medical literature in regions of Siberia. The collection of scientific information, educational and periodical literature makes the library very valuable source for the University’s teachers and student in their educational an scientific works. The library is elucidated with the Internet connections and CLIS (computer-aided library – informational system) has been introduced.
Altai State Medical University has its edit-publishing centre and small-scale plant, where composition of scientific works by the workers, monographs, materials from student’s conferences are printed.
There are all kinds of students’ clubs at the Altai State Medical University. Our students sing, dance, act, do sports and other activities. It helps them develop their personality in many ways. The sport complex consists of a playground, a well-equipped gymnasium, two big sport halls, swimming pool with sauna bath and two shooting galleries, which can be used by all sport enthusiasts. Altai State Medical University has its own skiing base. ASMU students regularly go to the gym, the swimming pool and the university skiing center.
Altai State Medical University Gallery :
Altai State Medical University Fees 2018 :
- 1st Year Fee : USD 5,500 (INR 3,57,500)
- 2nd – 6th Year Fee : USD 3,200 (INR 2,08,000)
- Total Fees : USD 21,500 (INR 13,97,500)
* Yearly fee includes tuition fee, hostel fee & medical insurance fee.
* 1 USD equals to INR 65 used at the time of fees calculation & is subject to variation as per currency rates.
* Fees can be revised by university anytime with or without prior notification.